[PD-dev] help with d_ugen.c

Charles Henry czhenry at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 23:54:27 CET 2009

Hi, list

I'm reading through d_ugen.c and I mostly understand what it says.  I
was wondering if anybody has already written a paper to tell what is
in the Pd DSP internals, such as scheduling the DSP tree, or data
caching strategies.

I am most curious about the behavior of "borrowed signals" and signals
that are on the signal_freelist and signal_usedlist.  Am I correct in
assuming these are the data structures used to determine caching of
data between DSP perform routines?
Is there a way to specify an external with a "borrowed" signal on the
inlet, but having an output signal that is not borrowed (or
vice-versa)?

Chuck