[PD-dev] namespaces for send/receive

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Nov 16 18:35:24 CET 2009

I am in the process of working on my 'framesync' library, and I just
had a thought that I am not sure has come up before.  Lots of times,
we want to use send/receives in reusable code, but with a global
namespace, there is the potential for nameclashes.  So I propose that
for libraries, we make it a 'best practice' to use the same namespace
prefix as you would for loading an object.

For example, this 'framesync' library, I need to send the FPS (Frames
Per Second) to all the objects, so it needs to be a global send.  So
just like I could do [framesync/fstabplay~]  the internal send/receive
would be [send framesync/fps] and [receive framesync/fps].