[PD-dev] much better scrolling algorithm (pd-extended 0.42.5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 18 06:43:01 CET 2009

Ah, ok, just comparing now.  I added this pdtk_canvas-getscroll to Pd-
extended 0.42.5-2009-11-12.  We currently have four to compare: Ico's,
Pd, Pd-extended, and Pd-Gui-Rewrite.

- Pd-extended will correctly handle the scrollbars if you select some
objects and move them with Shift-arrow, the other three do not (some
better than others)

- when you select all and mouse drag components out of the current
view, Pd-extended updates scrollbars immediately, Pd and Pd-devel
update the scrollbars once you release the mouse, and Ico's gave me an
error saying "Error: can't read "::scroll(.x6d5610)"

- when you resize the window, Pd-devel updates the scrollbars live, Pd-
extended updates live with glitches, Pd updates on release, Ico's gave
me an error saying "Error: can't read "::scroll(.x6d5610)"

.hc