[PD-dev] namespaces for send/receive

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Nov 18 18:46:20 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 2:35 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
>
>> So I guess to make it localizable, it would have to be something like
>> framesync/fps$1.  Without a settable receive, it makes this kind of
>> chore to deal with then.
>
> If you use the route-approach, you can use settable routes (as an
> abstraction
> like sroute.pd in [list]-abs). But actually I have no idea why a
> settable
> receive should be necessary anyway? :)

Why not have settable receives?  I dont' see the downside or harm.  In
this case, a settable receive is only possible via arguments and
dollarargs in the receive object box.  I guess that's an old issue...

Perhaps another approach would be to have a standard receive name for
a library, then make it local using routes.  So something like
[receive framesync/framesync]  then the next route would be the
project ID, then the standard bits of data (i.e. fps).