[PD-dev] updating 'puredata' package to 0.42.5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 19 19:33:28 CET 2009

It seems that Günter is no longer updating the 'puredata' package, so
I wanted to start the process of updating it.  I am working on
becoming a Debian Maintainer, so I can get direct upload access.

This is what I would like to address:
- improved puredata.desktop for file associations, etc.
- built against Tcl/Tk 8.5

I just committed the files from http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/p/puredata/puredata_0.41.4-1.diff.gz
  to update the old Debian files for this package.  I think we should
now work out of this spot in SVN:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/packages/debian/

"Free software means you control what your computer does. Non-free
software means someone else controls that, and to some extent controls
you." - Richard M. Stallman