[PD-dev] updating 'puredata' package to 0.42.5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Thu Nov 19 19:56:38 CET 2009

On Nov 19, 2009, at 1:58 PM, IOhannes m zmölnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> It seems that Günter is no longer updating the 'puredata' package,
>> so I
>> wanted to start the process of updating it.  I am working on
>> becoming a
>> Debian Maintainer, so I can get direct upload access.
>

> for what it is worth, there is an updated version on
> mentors.debian.net:
> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=puredata
>
> it's lintian clean (unlike the old package) and fixes some pending
> bugs

>> - improved puredata.desktop for file associations, etc.
>> - built against Tcl/Tk 8.5
>
> without these additions though.

Nice!  Could you update the files in SVN packages/debian with yours?
On the Debian side changing to Tcl/Tk 8.5 is easy, as long as people
think its a good idea. :)  0.43 fully supports 8.5, but I am not sure
how well 0.42.5 works on 8.5  If its easy to make work, we should do
it, otherwise wait for 0.43.

Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic