[PD-dev] updating 'puredata' package to 0.42.5

Chris McCormick chris at mccormick.cx
Mon Nov 23 05:08:09 CET 2009

On Sun, Nov 22, 2009 at 12:30:01PM -0500, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Chris McCormick wrote:
>> I shouldn't even have to justify my own preference for running
>> pd-vanilla to you,
>
> Well, why are you replying to me? That's because you think it's worth it.

Excellent point, sir!

Thanks for all your lovely long essays. I'm sure they contained many important
points, but I'm sorry I don't have time to read or respond to them all. Which
is the same reason that this:

"Even though pd-extended is built as one set of things, there's nothing
that prevents you from designing a scheme of .deb files that cuts that one
set of binaries (made from a single "make" command) into a
conveniently-compartmentalised system designed so that each package
doesn't pull in too many other packages at once (recursively speaking)."

is 100% irrelevant to me, and quite a ridiculous solution to the problem I
raised.

I'll continue to `apt-get install puredata` for as long as I can.

Back to work.

Have a nice day,

Chris.