[PD-dev] updating 'puredata' package to 0.42.5

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Nov 22 18:44:16 CET 2009

On Sat, 21 Nov 2009, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Funny, I never wanted to be a leader of this, I'd much prefer it if more
> people were involved in the work and the decision making.  And
> thankfully, I'm not the only one who works on it.  Others have
> contributed a lot as well.

A hero is a kind of self-designated victim. Everybody waits for everybody
else to do something, and then one of them gets annoyed by the situation
and does something. From that moment on, everybody expects the one who has
already given, to give again.

> I don't think everyone should use Pd-extended, or whatever.  Its kind of
> ironic maybe that this thread started with me talking about doing
> pd-vanilla maintenance :).

It's not ironic, not kind of and not maybe. We're talking about pd vanilla
packaging, and chiefly two branches have ever been packaged, vanilla and
extended, and then suddenly talking about extended would be ironic? What's
wouldn't be ironic then?