[PD-dev] puredata.info timing out.

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Nov 25 09:39:14 CET 2009

matju at artengine.ca wrote:

> On Mon, 23 Nov 2009, Forwind info wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else noticed that puredata.info is timing out. This has
>> been happening to me from London for the past 2 days ? As far as I am
>> aware this is all hosted at IEM, IOhannes (presuming you are still at
>> iem) ?
>
> It was down for everybody. The puredata.info machine froze for the
> second or third time or more. The hardware (or any part thereof) will be
> changed eventually. Johannes can tell you more about this.

the core hardware (everything but the harddisks) have been swapped
yesterday.
i couldn't keep the system alive for more than five minutes since last
weekend.
the new hardware (more CPUs, more RAM,...) should make puredata.info
more enjoyable (if only a little).

i want to replace the harddisks as soon as possible, which means another
downtime, but hopefully way shorter than the last one.

fgkasdr
IOhannes