[PD-dev] much better scrolling algorithm (pd-extended 0.42.5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Nov 27 21:13:22 CET 2009

On Nov 18, 2009, at 10:47 AM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> Please see attached. This one should work seamlessly on pd-extended
> 0.42.5 with Linux (it has *not* been tested with other platforms even
> though the basic premise of the redesign is that it should).
>
> Ico
> <pdtk.tar.gz>

FYI, it doesn't work on Mac OS X because it requires 8.5 and ttk, so
this couldn't be included in vanilla since Miller wants to continue to
support 8.3, and it couldn't be included in Pd-extended until 0.43
since 0.42 doesn't work on Mac OS X with 8.5

Error in startup script: invalid command name "ttk::style"
     while executing
"ttk::style configure IOErrorOn.TButton -background "#dd2222""
     (file "/Applications/Pd-0.42.5-extended-20091112.app/Contents/
Resources/Scripts/AppMain.tcl" line 416)

I hate it when they say, "He gave his life for his country."  Nobody
gives their life for anything.  We steal the lives of these kids.  -
Admiral Gene LeRocque