[PD-dev] much better scrolling algorithm (pd-extended 0.42.5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Nov 28 20:16:42 CET 2009

Please make either a diff/patch with only the scrolling stuff in it,
or a version of the pd.tk with only the scrolling changes.  If we are
talking about the scrolling algorithm, then we should only be talking
about that code, not ttk and other things that have nothing to do with
scrolling.

.hc

On Nov 27, 2009, at 4:21 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> Oops, still getting used to the microscopic phone keyboard...
>
> BTW if this thing is top-posting, my apologies. It appears the droid
> leaves me no choice here :-(
>
> So, what I was trying to say is that there are two issues at hand
> here that are mistakenly being interpreted as one.
>
> Pd.tk in and of itself has not been submitted for inclusion, but (as
> per your request) as a means to test new scrolling method. And while
> the pd.tk in question has a wrapper in place to allow use on both
> <8.4 and >=8.5 it has not been fully tested nor fully implemented
> for non-linux platforms. Hene if you wish to test it out as I
> indicated before, you either need to test it on linux or use updated
> replacement function in your existing pd.tk I sent out in my earlier
> email. Reporting any failures of it running otherwise is imho
> irrelevant to the scrolling algorithm.
>
> So, may I suggest that for the sake of clarity, let us not discuss
> any potential inclusion of pd.tk in this thread, as that clouds the
> matter at hand which is the scrolling algorithm.
>
> Cheers!
>
> Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
>
>> I think we are confusing two things here, the whole pd.tk which
>> does offer

scarcity."        -John Gilmore