[PD-dev] much better scrolling algorithm (pd-extended 0.42.5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Nov 28 23:06:05 CET 2009

On Nov 28, 2009, at 11:35 AM, ico at vt.edu wrote:

>> Please make either a diff/patch with only the scrolling stuff in it,
>> or a version of the pd.tk with only the scrolling changes.  If we are
>> talking about the scrolling algorithm, then we should only be talking
>> about that code, not ttk and other things that have nothing to do
>> with
>> scrolling.
>
> I did on several occasions, albeit as a replacement function in
> pd.tk. It should
> be a matter of a simple copy/paste. I believe you even implemented
> it as a Pd
> 0.43 plug-in. Please see my previous emails.
>
> Ico

Hey Ico,

I have been trying what you have been posting, but I haven't found a
clean patch or pd.tk..  The standard format for submitting code to
most open source projects is a "diff -uw" patch.  That's the best way
to submit them if you want people to be able to read them, try them,
make sense of them, etc.  Check the patches in the patch tracker for
examples.  I find the easiest way to generate patches is to use "svn
diff"

                             kill your television