[PD-dev] svn on build farm (was Re: [GEM-dev] gem fails on 10.4)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Dec 2 18:11:03 CET 2009

On Dec 2, 2009, at 11:49 AM, IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>>> i recommend working on debian/sid, but this doesn't help me much
>>> if one
>>> of the autobuilds fails on the osx103 machine.
>>> i prefer to investigate directly what is going wrong on the failing
>>> machine (and potentially fix the problem there)
>>
>> There isn't a 10.3 machine, there is a 10.4/Intel machine, and the
>
> right, this was just an example: i want to fix a thing on a certain
> machine which not necessarily is one of the "suggested" ones.
>
>> 10.4/PowerPC machine should return soon, once I get its dead disk
>> sorted
>> out.  The 10.4/Intel machine has svn 1.6.6.
>
> i'm pretty sure i did log into the osx10/i386 machine.
> and it had 1.4.4 installed when i did (which was on 24th of november)
>
> i see that now there is 1.6.6 installed (compiled on 26th of
> november).
> maybe it was just bad timing.
>

>> Its the ~/.bash_profile.  Send me an updated version and I'll
>> distribute
>> it on the machines.  I don't really want to get into changing all
>> those
>> files.  Its enough work as it is.
>
> the "problem" was that on the osx104/i386 there is no "seq" command.
> so i replaced it with a literal enumeration (i know that a for loop
> would have been more elegant...)
>
> this way, the first thing you get when logging in, is not an error
> message any more.
>
> mfgasdr
> IOhannes
> <bp.tgz>

FYI: I reparented the PdLab page to the FrontPage rather than the
AutoBuildProcess page.  The Pdlab is not only for the auto-builds, but
also for devs to work on foreign machines.  The AutoBuildProcess page
already has links to the PdLab pages.

I wasn't having any bash errors on logging in, but I installed your
updated .bash_profile