[PD-dev] adding standard install paths to the 'puredata' package

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Dec 3 15:55:05 CET 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Now that we have new players like maybe desiredata, they can and should
> use their custom directories if they need to, but this should not
> directly affect the old ones.

Well, at some point 'vi' became 'vim' and that was reflected in the names
of folders, but for desiredata I don't have much of a wish to keep things
separate... the GUI externals will need a separate folder, but I don't see
us separating the whole lot of externals just because of the 5% of them
that need to be compiled differently.

If ever I finish the API for deallocating symbols, though, it could be
different, but this is all too hypothetical.