[PD-dev] much better scrolling algorithm (pd-extended 0.42.5)

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Dec 4 07:26:59 CET 2009

On Nov 28, 2009, at 11:14 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

>> I have been trying what you have been posting, but I haven't found a
>> clean patch or pd.tk..  The standard format for submitting code to
>> most open source projects is a "diff -uw" patch.  That's the best way
>> to submit them if you want people to be able to read them, try them,
>> make sense of them, etc.  Check the patches in the patch tracker for
>> examples.  I find the easiest way to generate patches is to use "svn
>> diff"
>
> please see attached patch. it applies cleanly against 0.41.4
> extended as
> well as 0.42.5 extended.
>
> ico
> <patch>

It works for me Pd-extended 0.42.5-20091112, thanks for that.  Sorry
for the delay, its been a busy week.  Two things I tried:

- like the current Pd-extended scroll logic, scrolling with the wheel
moves the patch when there are no scrollbars, except it'll scroll the
patch contents out of the visible area and not add scrollbars.

- resizing the window doesn't seem to track comments, I tried
3.audio.examples/A02.amplitude.pd, the scrollbars don't kick in until
I cover the objects.  the comments don't seem to affect the scrollbars.

Scrollbars are a pain...

I have the audacity to believe that peoples everywhere can have three
and dignity, equality and freedom for their spirits.      - Martin
Luther King, Jr.