[PD-dev] pd-extended main window resize bug

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Sun Dec 13 06:10:46 CET 2009

Its actually a bug in Tk, IIRC.  I had a discussion on #tcl about it.
I don't remember the detail , here's one descrtipn:

:<jenglish> frame/toplevel/labelframes always make a geometry request
whenever you [$w configure] them.  If they have a geometry master, it
will see the <Configure> event, restart the geometry propagation
dance, and settle back to where things were when they started

Which version of Pd-extended are you seeing this in?

.hc

On Dec 12, 2009, at 9:36 PM, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:

> there's a problem with «. configure -cursor
> $::cursor_runmode_nothing», which is probably a bug in Tk or some
> versions thereof. it resizes the main window several times in a row
> very quickly, by tiny amounts. I commented out that line in my copy
> of the code.

> actually i just replaced it with «if {[. cget -cursor] !=
> "$::cursor_runmode_nothing"} {. configure -cursor
> $::cursor_runmode_nothing}» and the glitch happens only once instead
> of anytime I move an object.

> | Mathieu Bouchard, Montréal, Québec. téléphone: +1.514.383.3801

Computer science is no more related to the computer than astronomy is
related to the telescope.      -Edsger Dykstra