[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2921689 ] ggee qread broken on 64bit

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Sun Dec 27 04:52:20 CET 2009

Bugs item #2921689, was opened at 2009-12-26 20:17
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2921689&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: externals
Group: None

Initial Comment:
The type of the private function glist_getcanvas defaults to int, which cannot be cast safely to a function pointer, or something - obscure warning for a missing funtion prototype.... Can be fixed by adding

#include <g_canvas.h>

to the top of ggee/control/qread.c, and making sure to add -I/usr/src/pd/src (or what have you) to the build system

excerpt from build report from launchpad.net:

""""
Our automated build log filter detected the problem(s) above that will
likely cause your package to segfault on architectures where the size of
a pointer is greater than the size of an integer, such as ia64 and amd64.

This is often due to a missing function prototype definition.

Since use of implicitly converted pointers is always fatal to the application
on ia64, they are errors.  Please correct them for your next upload.
""""

Date: 2009-12-26 22:52

Message:
fixed with this commit: