[PD-dev] (pd-gui-rewrite) navigating text with arrows bug

Rich E reakinator at gmail.com
Fri Jan 1 15:10:14 CET 2010

Hi,

Here's the biggest snag that I get when using the gui-rewrite branch: moving
with arrows when typing text, object or comment, is completely jacked. The
arrows seem to be handled differently now - in extended, [key] doesn't give
any output for arrows, but in gui rewrite it gives  63232 - 63235. Any arrow
key adds a space to the end of the object name, but does not move the cursor
position within the text.

I am trying to familiarize myself with the tcl/gui code so I can help, but I
can't see where this should be handled (pd_bindings.tcl or pdtk_text.tcl?).
 Any suggestions?

This is in OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard.

- rich