[PD-dev] pd-gui-rewrite merging in 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Jan 2 21:50:40 CET 2010

Ok, here's another key change.  I have started to make some more C
changes because I am finding that there is C code that is working
around problems on the Tcl side that no longer exist.  For example,
these commits where I implemented a replacement for pdtk_checkgeometry
that is simpler because the windows no longer grow and canvas size ==
window size.  That also means that there is no longer a 1x1+0+0 sent.

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=12861
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=12862

.hc

On Jan 1, 2010, at 9:41 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey Miller and all,
>
> Happy New Year!  I just reviewed the C code in the pd-gui-rewrite
> branch.  There are a number of changes to the C code that have been
> included in the pd-gui-rewrite branch.  There are two types of
> changes that are included:
>
> - C changes obviated by the Tcl rewrite, things like calling new
> functions, setting new tags for certain widgets, etc.
>
> - changes needed to sort out building Pd's C code in a more standard
> way.  This goes hand-in-hand with the completely new autotools build
> system.  Things like using the C99 stdint.h for int32_t instead of a
> complicated, custom set of CPP macros.  On that note, I did not
> change the uint32, etc stuff in d_soundfile.c, but I think should
> use the C99/stdint.h defs there as well.
>
> There are two changesets that are not currently submitted to the
> patch tracker, but if its useful I can submit them.  They are:
>
> - Win32/Cygwin fixes in x_misc.c
>
> - the set-path and set-startup messages in m_glob.c that allows the
> GUI to get the current Path and Startup settings without bringing up
> the dialog window.
>
> I'm going to start in on the TODOs that are scattered thru-out, let
> me know on how best to proceed on merging.
>
> .hc

> "It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
> don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
> Environmentalism", by Curtis White

"Making boring techno music is really easy with modern tools, but with
live coding, boring techno is much harder." - Chris McCormick