[PD-dev] tkwait visibility .pdwindow.tcl.entry

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Jan 12 09:02:19 CET 2010

hi.

Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Hey IOhannes,

> Any reason not to use the "tkwait visibility .pdwindow.tcl.entry"
> option?  I think its preferable because it keeps things symmetic, i.e.
> grab/ungrab. It'll only cause the GUI to pause, 'pd' will still keep
>
> http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/branches/pd-gui-rewrite/0.43/src/pdtk_canvas.tcl?r1=12959&r2=12957&pathrev=12959

the reason for not enabling it by default is, that i did not know
whether there would be any side effects.
e.g. if the pdwindow was not there at all (either iconified or totally
disabled - think kiosk mode), would the "tkwait" wait forever and/or
block the the entire gui process?

anyhow, in order to enable it one only has to set the "false" to "true"
(or change the entire code to
<snip>
tkwait visibility .pdwindow.tcl.entry
grab set -global .pdwindow.tcl.entry