[PD-dev] updated Window menu and logic for 0.43

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 12 17:51:37 CET 2010

Hey Miller, IOhannes and anyone else who is interested,

Last night I committed another C-side changes to the pd-gui-rewrite
branch, so I thought I'd explain it here. The original code would
rebuild the whole window menu in 'pd' every time a canvas was vised or
unvised, and when [pd] boxes were updated.  That means going through
the whole tree of instantiated canvases each time.

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=12963
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=12965

With these commits, 'pd' sends a list of parent windows when a canvas
is created in 'pd-gui' (i.e. pdtk_canvas_new), and just sends a
command to 'pd-gui' to update the windowlist whenever there is a vis,
unvis, or [pd] box update.  And the nifty new feature is that it shows
all vised canvases in a tree on the Window menu.

publicity.          - Bill Moyers