[PD-dev] pdwindow as syslog

zmoelnig at iem.at zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Jan 17 19:31:47 CET 2010

Quoting "Hans-Christoph Steiner" <hans at at.or.at>:

>> please bear in mind that english is not my mother tongue.
>> ...oh, it seems like the "linecolor?" does not finish the sentence.
>
> linecolor? is the tag name,

this became clear to me only afterwards. i thought "?" was meant as
interpunctuation, not as wildcard.

> ie linecolor0, linecolor1.  I think the tag should be renamed
> alternatingpost0, alternatingpost1 and have it based on post rather
> than line.

> IIRC, one function was posting with the linecolor0/1 tags and the
> other with the verbose/syslog style tags.

ah, no: one function was using the tag "errortext", another the tags
"verbose?", and yet another used "linecolor?".
for me, "linecolor?" represented "ordinary text", rather than "every
other line, regardless of texttype".

> I am saying all posts should have both a linecolor/alternatingpost
> tag and a verbose/syslog level tag.

makes sense. (the "verbose/syslog level tag" are rather "post",
"error", "verbose?"; according to the Pd API)

gfmsar
IOhannes