[PD-dev] what does x->gl_editor represent?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jan 19 23:54:41 CET 2010

I've been trying to figure out the whole t_editor/x->gl_editor thing.
I've been writing things up here:
http://wiki.puredata.info/en/t_editor

It seems to me that there are lots of GOP bugs related to the fact
that GOP glists now get a gl_editor assigned to them even when they
are not [vis 1(.  From what I can tell, there are lots of tests like
if (x->gl_editor) which assume that the canvas/glist x -
 >gl_havewindow==1 if x->gl_editor == 1, which is no longer the case
as of 0.42.

canvas_create_editor was added to glist_findrtext() in this commit:
http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data?view=rev&revision=10469

.hc

On Jan 15, 2010, at 5:13 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> so I guess here is my question, is this how things are supposed to
> work in terms of GOP:
>
> - when a GOP is drawn on the parent, gl_editor should be the same as
> the parent's gl_editor
> - when GOP is opened up, it gets its own gl_editor
>
> .hc
>

> On Jan 15, 2010, at 4:44 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>

>> I am trying to debug various issues with GOP and parent/child
>> relationships.  I am not quite clear on what x->gl_editor is
>> supposed to be.  Can anyone clue me in?  The bug seems to be
>> related to the fact that in canvas_vis(), pd doesn't quite know
>> what x->gl_editor is supposed to be, since it changes....
>>
>> .hc

>> Mistrust authority - promote decentralization.  - the hacker ethic

> Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a
> more direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in
> practice, it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith

publicity.          - Bill Moyers