[PD-dev] Debian Policy for Pd packages

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Mon Feb 1 06:02:49 CET 2010

Hey all,

Just finished a weekend long Debian Bug Squashing Party here in NYC.
I discussed with a few Debian Developers how best to fit Pd's files
into Debian Policy.  This is what we came up with.  Let me know what
you guys think, and whether there are other things to add.

     * While .pd files are plain text, they are really like scripts
most of all, and should be treated that way. That means they should go
into /usr/lib/pd rather than the data dir /usr/share/pd
     *help patches are just Pd patches, which are just scripts, so it
is also ok for them to be included in /usr/lib/pd.
     * Help patches are not really useful to read outside of Pd so the
help patches should not go into `/usr/share/doc'
     * HTML, PDFs?, .txt, and READMEs? should go into /usr/share/doc
like any other package