[PD-dev] [PD] midiout / sysex on windows

Alex x37v.alex at gmail.com
Wed Feb 3 19:25:20 CET 2010

I had sysex input and output working on my linux machine but I've had
a harddrive failure since then and haven't tried with the latest pd
build.

I think I used [midiout] and I needed to use the ALSA midi instead of
portmidi, or something..  It has been a little while.

One thing to note is that the size of the sysex input buffer is
limited to something like 23 bytes, I submitted a change to this but I
got little response as far as I can remember.  It was just another
hard-coded higher limit though, the small limit makes PD pretty much
useless for parsing most midi sysex dumps like patch dumps from synths
[which is what I was trying to do, make a patch editor for the dave
smith instrument's evolver].

-Alex