[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2952825 ] pd hangs in windows Vista and won't work until system reboot

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Feb 16 16:16:35 CET 2010

Bugs item #2952825, was opened at 2010-02-16 16:10
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2952825&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
Sometimes (unfortunately I haven't observed any apparent cause that triggers the problem), I open PD and it won't create a new patch (file/new) nor open any patch (file/open). It won't even quit untill I kill the process, and clicking on "DIO errors" doesn't produce any printout.
Furthermore, all menus of the menu bar are empty (only a "--" item) except the File menu.

Even if I kill and restart PD, it won't ever work, untill I reboot the operating system, then everything is fine.

This is PD Vanilla 0.42.5 on Windows Vista.

When it gets "frozen" like this, if I launch it with -lib Gem (I have Gem installed), it won't print the usual Gem output on the console (no output at all).
After reboot, everything usually works.

This happens every once in a while, and it is NOT necessary after some crash or anything.