[PD-dev] seeking advice on Pd gui overhaul

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Feb 25 09:26:09 CET 2010

On 2010-02-24 22:23, Arnout Engelen wrote:

> Well, if the protocol used for the communication is very application-specific
> this might not be entirely clear-cut.

sorry to continue on the "license" issue, but i don't think that we are
in flamewar hell at all (yet :-))

anyhow:
it's true that the communication between pd-core and pd-gui is
"application specific".
however, this only means that we are on OSI-layer 7 (application (sic!)
layer).
other protocols on this layer include HTTP, SMTP or CIFS.

all these protocols allow interaction between proprietary and GPL'ed code.
i especially mention CIFS as this was really made for a proprietary OS,
and still there are GPL implementations using it.

fgmasdr
IOhannes