[PD-dev] videogrid + pd-extended 0.42.5

slario at gmail.com slario at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 23:37:01 CET 2010

Hello list!

pdvjtools users detected a trouble in videogrid external with pd-extended 0.42.5 and ubuntu karmic.

The initial problem was when we add a video into the videogrid then pd crash.

We tested with 0.41.4 and all is fine, no problem exists.

After debuggin the code, we found some esoteric libavifile relation with this crash.

Facts ::

1.- If you install pd-extended 0.42.5 in a ubuntu karmic and try to load a video in the videogrid-help path pd will crash.

2.- If you remove pd-extended and libavifile, then force install pd-extended 0.42.5 (without libavfile installed), videogrid runs well. no crash at all.

3 .- Back to a normal pd-extended installation (with libavifile). As Gem is the only library linked against libavifile in pd-extended we'd tryed to load videogrid before Gem and it agains worked well without any crash.

So it seems avifile library but we don't know exactly why if we don't link our library with libavifile.

Hope to be helpfull and thanks for read ;)

Lluis & Sergi.