[PD-dev] pix_multiblob mem leak

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Sun Mar 14 16:59:56 CET 2010

Gerrie Roos wrote:
> Hi!
>
> It looks like pix_multiblob is leaking about 4kB/frame/blob.  Anybody
> else seen this?  I'm in a bit of a tight spot.  I've got an
> installation coming up on 18 March and my extensive pd patch is now
> running out of memory every couple of hours.  Would love to check out
> the source code and try fix it myself but since I've never done any pd
> dev it will put me back a couple of days (at the least).  I'll buy you
> beer!
>
> Windows XP SP2
> Pd version 0.41.4-extended

what Gem version is this?
does the problem exist with the latest and greatest Gem (0.92.2)? (if
not, i claim the beer :-))

thanks for sending an example patch; it's pretty generic, and i do not
see any memleak occuring here (using the alea.mpg example film).
however, the bug might be related to the number of blobs found and the
image format, neither of which i can reproduce;
could you put the clock.avi online somewhere so i can download it?
or: how does your patch behave with homer.avi?

fmadrs
IOhannes