[PD-dev] external weirdness only on windows

Lorenzo lsutton at libero.it
Tue Mar 16 15:49:58 CET 2010

Ok so, whilst keeping in mind IOhannes advice about getting into C
externals, I had a go at writing my simple 'maths' external in C.
Everything seems to work fine and I created a test patch... but *only on
windows* if I re-open the saved test patch (which has 3 numberboxes
connected to 3 inlets, and a numberbox connected to the outlet) the
object box (I mean the gray "thing") is disappeared and only a text like
a comment is there (I can even drag it around).
If I recreate the object and attach the numberboxes again everything is
fine.
If the object is without anything attached everything is fine.
In linux everything is fine...

Could it have something to do with the DLL I'm linking or is this some
hidden mistake in the external code?

Clues appreciated.

Lorenzo.
PS: I'm using 0.42-5-extended.