[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2970978 ] print lists format error

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 16 23:37:28 CET 2010

> Excuse me for asking (and not trying as i cannot now)
> Does this mean that double newlines have been eliminated OR that lists
> are
> printed on one line?
> I suggested the latter some time ago
> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2879474&group_id=55736&atid=478070

afaik, before 0.43 lists were printed in one line. the current behaviour
is certainly a bug: if you print the output of a symbol atom, you'll get
"print: symbol

asdfd

"

Also, if you print a message box with [list 1 2 3 4 5(, you don't get the
"list" class, just the numbers. (divided into several lines, of course)

I've read your sugestion for the printing of lists. I myself think that it
makes much more sense to print lists in one line. An option to divide into
several lines can always be made with [drip]. Or, by adding some parameter
to the print object.
I would myself also like to print something without the name of the print
object.

João