[PD-dev] more information on the gui getting stuck on 0.42.5

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Wed Mar 17 21:38:04 CET 2010

This kinds of sounds like the stuff we were dealing with in the pd-gui-
rewrite branch.  Do you have a patch you are using to test this?  Is
the word 'cre' always involved in these freak outs?

.hc

On Mar 17, 2010, at 3:30 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic wrote:

> A couple more instances (this time apparently canvas+create and canvas
> +-fill flag):
>
> wrote 737 of 737
> missing close-brace
> wrong # coordinates: expected 0 or 4, got 5
> bad option "cre.x87260d8.c": must be addtag, bbox, bind, canvasx,
> canvasy, cget, configure, coords, create, dchars, delete, dtag, find,
> focus, gettags, icursor, index, insert, itemcget, itemconfigure,
> lower,
> move, postscript, raise, scale, scan, select, type, xview, or yview
> .x87260d8.c itemconfigure 8807fd8LABEL -text {All sounds off}
> wrote 63 of 63
>
> missing close-brace
> .x87260d8.c itemconfigure 8807fd8LABEL -text {F6}
> wrote 51 of 51
> unknown option "-f.x87260d8.c"
>
> It is almost if there are three asynchronous streams trying to enqueue
> events inside Pd.
>
> Ico

All mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies,
one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better
language; and every chapter must be so translated.... -John Donne