[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2621932 ] gop multiplicity

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Mar 18 23:52:26 CET 2010

Bugs item #2621932, was opened at 2009-02-21 01:44
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2621932&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:

1. Open patch.pd
2. Delete the subpatch.
3. Either a) create a new my_abs object or b) undo the previous delete
4. Repeat steps 2-3 n times.

Now when you open the subpatch, all actions occur n+1 times, e.g.:
* creating a new object box makes a chain of n+1 object boxes
* patch is saved n+1 times
* paste creates n+1 new copies

If you don't save and try to close patch.pd, it repeats the message "discard changes to patch.pd" and sometimes crashes after two or three times.

The behavior persists until closing pd completely.  So if you go through the steps above 3 times, close the patch, and reopen it and go through them 3 more times, you'll get 7 extra objects every time you create something from the "put" menu.

I only get this behavior when using gop, and with an object visible in the gop window.  Same for abstractions.  For each extra object created in the subpatch, I get a "consistency check failed: canvas_vis" error to the console.

Using pd-0.42-4 on windows xp sp3

-Jonathan
jancsika at yahoo.com

Comment By: Matteo Sisti Sette (sistisette)
Date: 2010-03-18 23:52

Message:
Do i understand correctly: the last comment mean that the fix was not a
fix?

Would you agree on raising the priority of this bug? This is a crasher,
and even before the crash it renders Pd unusable _very_ soon when editing
gop patches....

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2010-01-18 07:07

Message:
I removed commit r12831, canvas_destory_editor() is already being called in
the canvas_free() process within canvas_vis(x, 0).  I don't know the source
of this bug tho, I'll look into it more.

Comment By: Mathieu Bouchard (matju)