[PD-dev] gui-rewrite, apple_events.tcl imports pdtk_post?

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Sat Mar 20 01:47:48 CET 2010

Hi all,

I tried to compile pd-gui-rewrite for macintosh and it complained
that "pdtk_post" couldn't be imported because it already exists.  I
found two places that imported it and tried removing the line:

namespace import ::pdwindow::pdtk_post

from apple-events.tcl,  after which Pd runs happily.  Is there a reason
that line is there?  (I'm scared to commit anything involving the tcl
code now because I don't understand it!)

I'm busy trying to sync up with the gui-rewrite code, and was mostly able to
use it as is.  If this is a good moment for Hans and Guenter I can try
committing the small changes I made to get it running...?

thanks
Miller