[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2980564 ] bp~ weird behaviour above 1/4 Nyquist frequency

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Thu Apr 1 15:57:42 CEST 2010

Bugs item #2980564, was opened at 2010-04-01 15:51
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by sistisette
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2980564&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:
bp~ doesn't work properly if you try to set its center frequency above 1/4 of the Nyquist frequency, e.g. above 11250 Hz in the case of 44.1kHz sampling frequency.

If you push the center frequency above that value, instead of raising it, it seems that the center frequency and Q don't change while the GAIN of the filter grows.

Note that vcf~ does _not_ suffer from this problem.

Date: 2010-04-01 15:57

Message:
Ok I guess you just can't change the priority and post a comment at the
same time? (a bug in the bug tracker?)

Well I think this deserves higher priority because it is one of the most
basic objects not functioning as expected.

Comment By: Matteo Sisti Sette (sistisette)
Date: 2010-04-01 15:55

Message:
I'm trying to raise the priority but I get an "update failed" error