[PD-dev] Makefile/library template

Bryan Jurish jurish at uni-potsdam.de
Tue Apr 6 21:26:18 CEST 2010

morning Hans, morning Yves|sevy,

On 2010-04-06 19:09:09, Hans-Christoph Steiner <hans at at.or.at> appears
to have written:

> We don't have it only because no one has made it.

Well, it's not 100% plug-and-play, but there *is* a documented example
of using autoconf & automake to build a pd external which has been
available for some time in svn:

http://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/pure-data/trunk/externals/moocow/hello/README.html?content-type=text%2Fhtml

searching the list archives for 'automake' also reveals some more on
this topic:

http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2009-03/013156.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2006-12/008114.html
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2007-11/010265.html

> For most libraries,
> autoconf is too complicated.  This Makefile is for those situations.

Agreed.  It *ought* to be easier than it currently is, though (if I
could only figure out how to hack the extension rule for libtool
libraries...)

marmosets,
	Bryan

>>> https://pure-data.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/pure-data/trunk/externals/template

--
Bryan Jurish                       "There is *always* one more bug."
jurish at uni-potsdam.de       -Lubarsky's Law of Cybernetic Entomology