[PD-dev] path for embedded examples

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sat Apr 10 19:25:38 CEST 2010

Part of the idea of a libdir is to also include examples.  Currently,
this is done using an 'examples' subfolder.  The problem with that is
the example patches won't automatically find the objects from the
libdir that they are embedded in. So I'm wondering what the best way
to handle this is.  Here are a couple ideas:

- require [declare -path ..] for all example patches (works on any
branch of Pd)

- instead of 'examples' folder, use mypatch-example.pd in the main dir
of the libdir (works without extra tricks)

- use [import mylib] for all example patches (works even when the
example patch is saved elsewhere)

Another idea would be to have Pd automatically add ".." to the path
when you open an example folder.

I spent 33 years and four months in active military service and during
that period I spent most of my time as a high class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers.      - General Smedley Butler