[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-1751315 ] [playlist] crashes in gop when a message is connected to it

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Apr 13 20:50:44 CEST 2010

Bugs item #1751315, was opened at 2007-07-10 11:57
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=1751315&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
>Category: puredata
>Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:

I have attached a stripped down version of the gop to demonstrate the error.  It seems that what causes the error, at least for me, is having any kind of message box connected to the [playlist] object when it appears in a GOP abstraction, then closing the patch and saying yes to discarding the changes.  I have attached the example.  In its current state it will not crash pd after you create it and close the window. Connect any of the message boxes or the toggle, save it, create it again and it will give you the crash when you close the window - at least it does for me.  I should also note that it only happens when this is a gop.  I tried connecting a message box to a playlist object in a normal patch and it didn't crash when I closed it and discarded changes.

This error, as far as I can tell, occurs in Miller's pd 0.39-2, 39-2 extended rc3/rc4, 0.40-2 extended, but I couldn't get it to crash the same way in Miller's 0.40-2