No subject

Mon Jun 7 11:25:52 CEST 2010

with a sample rate of 44100 this means that 64 samples
of output must be computed every 1.45 ms.

So my question is, if I have a clock object that calls
a function say every 20ms, and this function takes
10ms to complete, how is audio interleaved with the
execution of this function? Another way of phrasing
this would be: are functions that are called by clocks
executed atomically? Doesn't seem that they can be,
unless they execute in less than 1.45 ms.

any thoughts/explanations are appreciated (i've a
feeling they might radically change my understanding
of how pd works!!)

Brian