[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-2890661 ] dsp on/off shortcuts crash pd winxp and "use callbacks"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Tue Jun 1 23:37:05 CEST 2010

Bugs item #2890661, was opened at 2009-11-02 06:59
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=2890661&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: pd-extended
>Group: v0.42

Initial Comment:
using the shortcuts ctrl+/ or ctrl+. crashes pd
tested on winxp ext 0.42.5 an 0.43

Date: 2010-06-01 17:37

Message:
Yeah, I could reproduce something similar.  On Windows 7 using Pd-extended
0.42.5-rc1, I switch the audio to ASIO using ASIO4ALL, then opening up Test
Audio and MIDI.  While the sound was playing I switched the audio setting
to MMIO and Pd hung.  I didn't mess with 'use callbacks'.  But now I can't
reproduce it.  So it seems like the workaround is to set the audio with the
DSP off.

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2010-01-27 18:02

Message:
There might be an issue related to "use callbacks", since that is new and
relatively untested.  Does the same crash happen for you when using
Pd-vanilla?

Comment By: georg (fricklr)
Date: 2010-01-27 03:09

Message:
i found out it crashes only if "use callbacks" is on maybe really just an
issue with my driver

Comment By: Hans-Christoph Steiner (eighthave)
Date: 2010-01-26 18:36

Message:
I can't reproduce this on WinXP fully updated using Pd-extended
0.42.5-20100120 or Pd-devel 0.43.0-20100120

I am guessing it might be an issue with your audio interface or driver.