[PD-dev] modular pd-extended - when release?

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Jun 20 00:57:31 CEST 2010

 From my point of view, I plan on making the 0.43 release of Pd-
extended all split out into separate debian packages.  You can see my
progress here:
https://launchpad.net/~eighthave/+archive/libdirs

The sticky parts going forward are going to be the pd-zexy package. Pd-
extended needs zexy built as a libdir, but in the pd-zexy package its
built as a single-file-multiple-object library.  If pd-zexy can't
change, then I guess I'll need to do pdextended-zexy or something like
that, which would be a shame.

Here are the libraries currently included in Pd-extended that I am
planning to no longer support.  Anyone is free to pick up supporting
them if they want to.  Personally, I think if someone wants to pick up
supporting them, they'd be better maintained as libraries outside of
Pd-extended: memento, rradical, pixeltango, ext13, cxc, mjlib,
moonlib, motex, gyre, puremeasurement, sigpack, keyboardkeys, la-
kitchen, toxy.

.hc