[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Bugs-3023091 ] iemguts/canvasargs treats "bang" different from "list"

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Wed Jun 30 01:45:05 CEST 2010

Bugs item #3023091, was opened at 2010-06-29 23:45
Message generated for change (Tracker Item Submitted) made by nobody
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478070&aid=3023091&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: None
Group: None

Initial Comment:
I suppose I could have titled this bug, "most of the rest of Pd implies that the user doesn't need to differentiate between a bang and an empty list."

If you send "bang" to [canvasargs], it outputs the current list of args that it's planning to write once the parent patch is saved.

If you send it "list", [canvasargs] resets so that no arguments will be saved with the abstraction in the parent patch.

[canvasargs] uses messages that are anything other than the built-in Pd message types to change the name of the abstraction in the parent patch.  It might be better if there were a "clear" message to clear the args, and a "new" message to change the name of the abstraction.