[PD-dev] Join the Compile Farm (was Re: 64-bit build for, Windows?)

Pierre-Olivier Boulant po.boulant at free.fr
Sat Jul 3 00:10:27 CEST 2010

Hello everyone,

I'm new here. I've offered to help with the Windows 64bit build. I'm
really new to compiling software, so I'll probalby need some help to get
started. If you think this is unmanageable for a beginner don't be
afraid to tell me so. I have some good will and patience, but I don't
want to waste anyone's time. :)

I'm reading the MinGW-w64 pages on Sourceforge.
I should be looking for a native compiler for w64, but I can't seem to
find any. I suppose since it's a native compiler I can build it myself.
Is this correct. Then, should I download a tarball and compile from the
source?
Otherwise I found what seems to be a native version here:
http://www.drangon.org/mingw/

I cannont find either the MinGW-get installer mentioned on the 32bit
version of the instructions. I suppose there is nothing similar for the
64bit version for the time being.

I suppose I have to get Cygwin for compilation too. Anything I should
pay special attention to concerning this?

Thanks for your help
Pierre-Olivier

--

~    Pierre-Olivier Boulant     ~