[PD-dev] uploading Pd git repository to sourceforge

Miller Puckette mpuckett at imusic1.ucsd.edu
Mon Jul 12 05:33:18 CEST 2010

o Pd developers --

After much uncertainty how to proceed, I finally went ahead and 'pushed'
my Pd git repository to sourceforgs -- available at

http://pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/git/gitweb.cgi?p=pure-data/pure-data

or to clone it to your machine (once you have git installed):

git clone \
 ssh://YOURNAME@pure-data.git.sourceforge.net/gitroot/pure-data/pure-data

Unlike the svn version, ths git version isn't tested on all platformss.  I
_think: what I should do is "tag" the occasional commits that I've tested
semi-thoroughly and also commit those to svn (the traditional place I've
been uploading tested code to).  So the svn code will always be clean and
the git code variously clean and dirty depending on phase.

The git code is based on the Hans/IOhannes gui rewrite -- that alone is such
a dramatic improvement that I'm thinking I should just do some audio testing
and tuning now, and then call it 0.43.

cheers
Miller