[PD-dev] build system

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Tue Jul 13 20:53:13 CEST 2010

Le 13/07/2010 20:34, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :

> That build system was originally intended to be a hand-selected
> collection of objects in a flat name space. Then people (like me) got
> lazy and also threw in some libraries to get things building, so it
> became a big mess.
i agree
> Since I made pmpd have a nice, standalone build
> system, I didn't think anyone would miss that.
wait.
pmpd did have a makefile, and did compile on all platform.
you just change the makefile.

> If you want, those files
> could be restored.
it would be great if you could restore all file that was removed there... (not only pmpd)

> As for compiling lots of externals in one step, try this, it works every
> night on many machines:
>
> http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdExtended
>
> You could replace the 'pd' folder with vanilla if you want.

no, i don't want to build pd, or pd extended.

> Or you could do this:
> cd externals
> make
yes, that's what i want.

that's also the 1st thing i try:

Makefile:27: /home/nusmuk/pd/packages/Makefile.buildlayout: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
grep: /zexy/src/zexy.h: Aucun fichier ou dossier de ce type
make: *** Pas de règle pour fabriquer la cible « /home/nusmuk/pd/packages/Makefile.buildlayout ». Arrêt.