[PD-dev] build system

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Tue Jul 13 22:24:09 CEST 2010

On Jul 13, 2010, at 3:59 PM, cyrille henry wrote:

> Le 13/07/2010 21:36, Hans-Christoph Steiner a écrit :
> ..
>>> make -k build most of extenals
>>
>> It will be them all if you have all the right packages installed :)
> i don't whsh to install all package needed by a lib that i will
> never use...
>

>>> (it's just strange for me that "package" is mandatory to compile
>>> "externals")
>>
>> Yup, its an old issue. That's why there is a new Makefile template.
> ok
>

>>> how could i copy them 1 folder (without installing them)?
>>

>> "make install" will install them into externals/build unless you
>> point
>> DESTDIR somewhere else.
>
> make install do not do anything since make fail.
>
> make install -k is working a bit better.
>
> in external/build/lib/pd-extended/extra, i've got all directory, but
> most of them are empty.
> even the zexy directory is empty. zexy have abstraction that are
> easy to install...
>
> so?
>
> cyrille

Hmm, I've never used -k with make install.  You could also remove the
libraries that you don't want from externals/Makefile.  Look for
LIB_TARGETS and remove what you don't want.  Then build without -k.
Everything should install into externals/build/extra, or at least it
does on my machine.

Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism.        - retired U.S. Army general, William Odom