[PD-dev] [ pure-data-Patches-1836228 ] [patch] simplify pd_makeversion() in src/s_main.c

SourceForge.net noreply at sourceforge.net
Fri Jul 16 01:36:17 CEST 2010

Message generated for change (Comment added) made by eighthave
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=478072&aid=1836228&group_id=55736

not just the latest update.
Category: puredata
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This minor patch simplifies the pd_makeversion() function in src/s_main.c.

It replaces the sprintf / malloc / strcpy, with the equivalent single call to asprintf.  It also provides the side benefit of removing the length limitation introduced by the intermediary stack buffer (with bounds that weren't being checked).