[PD-dev] pd-gui 0.43: fixed position/size

IOhannes zmölnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Fri Jul 16 11:11:29 CEST 2010

hi all,

i'm wondering why the geometry (position/size) of the main pd-window is
hard-coded in the new gui.

pdwindow.tcl:257  "wm geometry .pdwindow =500x400+20+50"

tcl figures out the needed size of the window quite fine for me, but
what annoys me a bit is that the window position is hardcoded.

window managers are usually quite good at finding out, where there is
still place for new windows.
starting several instances of Pd will all force the main window to be on
the same position.

the reason why it annoys me most, is that when i start it Pd, the window
is always hidden behind my terminal (yakuake).

if there is no really good reason, i would opt for removing this line.

fgmasdr
IOhannes