[PD-dev] 0.43 omission: 'set-startup' and 'set-path'

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Jul 16 21:58:24 CEST 2010

Hey Miller,

I just noticed that you left out a key part of pd-gui-rewrite in
0.43.  There is the 'set-startup' and 'set-path' messages which allows
pd-gui to get the state of those things without having to open the
respective preference dialog panels. The changes are in m_glob.c and
s_path.c, as well as these lines in pd-gui.tcl:

     pdsend "pd set-startup" ;# get ::startup_libraries
and ::startup_flags lists
     pdsend "pd set-path"    ;# get the ::pd_path list
     vwait ::pd_path ;# wait for 'pd' to respond

"We have nothing to fear from love and commitment." - New York Senator
Diane Savino, trying to convince the NY Senate to pass a gay marriage
bill