[PD-dev] we now have Pd on Android!

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Mon Jul 19 17:00:25 CEST 2010

After a winding path with many contributors, Peter Brinkmann closed
the final gap for getting Pd running on Android, and then kept going!
We know have Pd fully running on Android in a very nice libpd-style
implementation that should also serve as a generic Java and Processing
library.

Its working very well in our tests so far, but its hardly tested.  I
do have the rjdj WorldQuantizer running on it very well.  No releases
yet, just code from git to build in Eclipse:

http://puredata.info/docs/developer/BuildingPdForAndroid

Looking at things from a more basic level, you can come up with a more
direct solution... It may sound small in theory, but it in practice,
it can change entire economies.     - Amy Smith